Monday, May 9, 2011

Quilts


I have become quite taken with the art of sewing quilts in these last few months. It is very fun and quite time consuming, and sometimes you wonder what the heck you are doing. As one lady in my sewing class said: "I hate quilting. Why would I take a big piece of fabric, cut it up into little pieces, and sew it back to together again?" She has a point. It makes no sense. But I just can't stop. Help!!
Here I am laying out the squares for my first quilt-- a queen-sized patchwork thing. Took forever. Chase thought he lost a wife in the process because I thought about it nonstop. Pretty concerning.

The finished product.


Hard to photograph these things. Looks like there's a monster under there.




After nearly losing my sanity on the big quilt, I downsized to a crib sized for my next one. This one is mostly made of thrift store sheets and pillowcases (washed, of course). It was for my dear friend Nikki's baby, Sedona, due in mid- July.



Nikki and myself comparing bellies. No, I am not pregnant, just serving as a control group for this documentation picture.

Love this girl!



1 comment:

Pam said...

You GO girl because from what I've seen of your sewing flare, it has proved a fine obsession indeed!