
Last weekend provided for a quick trip to the SB backcountry. Here are Chase and Heno hiking down into Blue Canyon.


Lupes!

Hiking into Cottam Camp.

Heno writing in the log.

The next morning. I was feeling so tired-- I think somebody messed with my coffee!

Saturday we ditched our backpacks and hiked down the Santa Ynez to a "swimming hole" that was there 3 years ago. The aforementioned swimming hole had turned into a vat of quicksand-- good for exfoliation and death but not for swimming.

Horny toad cruisin' along in the sun.

This was really grotesque-- two alligator lizards mating. The male bites the female's head-- very romantic. Allligator lizards are gross. Next time you see me ask me about the time I found one in my bed. I guess God likes them if they are here, but really?

Paintbrush.

Oh yeah. Chase hiked up and out of the canyon and Jen and I took the other route. He was supposed to drive down the long, windy dirt road to pick us up. Well, when we are almost to the trailhead, we see Chase from afar trotting down the road and yelling, "Save your water, the road's closed!" Which meant nearly 3 miles of hot, dusty up just when you thought you were done. Good endurance and attitude training. "Mind over matter," as Chase likes to say. Here I am putting matter over mind.

So much up.

Yep. It was a good trip, road closed and all! No poison oak yet so I am stoked.
2 comments:
oh, cassie i love the facial expression. "Mind over matter" sometimes doesn't help when you were imagining a nice air conditioned ride home. I love seeing what you guys are up to!
I love your sense of humor...thanks for the laugh!
Post a Comment