Monday, August 16, 2010

We will miss you

We lost our dear Claire on Saturday morning. She went to be with Jesus after a 10-year battle with cancer. She was a delightful soul with a bright spirit. We will miss her so much.



We were backpacking from Wednesday to Saturday, so we had no contact with friends and no idea what was happening. It was hard to come home to such sad news.

We had read and meditated on Psalm 119 during our trip, and it was so powerful.
Perhaps my favorite verse:

I run in the path of your commands,
for you have set my heart free (v. 32).




Lord, We praise you that Claire's heart was set free by Jesus in this life, and that she is truly free with him now. What joy she must be experiencing! Show us how to honor her and honor you in our grief. Be lifted up. Amen.






1 comment:

Michelle said...

Chase and Cassie, I am so sorry about Claire. I know she will be deeply missed. May you have time to grieve and remember her in the company of others. Praying you feel loved and connected in this season.