Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My first post!

Hello! This is my (Cassie's) first ever blog post. After a five minute tutorial from Chase, I am ready to be an uberblogger. We're hoping this can be a space to share pictures, adventures, and love with friends and family. Here are some pictures from this past year. We will try to update more regularly after this. Enjoy!

Hope, Alex, Sarah and I at Alex's baby shower in August. Baby Silvia has since come into the world, and what a joy she is!
Chase on our Long (muddy) Trail backpack trip in Vermont this summer. He is probably eating salami in this picture.
Aaron, Jeff, and Chase in November looking very blue-eyed.
Luke and Bethany move out in December. We missed them but they are coming back to live in our place for the summer.
Samuel, Scout, Sage, and Jade do some metal-detecting with my brother Jeb.
Shorty goes missing in January, and after a brief search-and-rescue effort, is recovered. Turns out he had been sleeping in some lady's bed and eating turkey while we froze our butts off looking for him. But we love him.
Jane poses with some meatballs.
Chase and Erik go swimming in their chonies in an alpine lake on a dare. Am I allowed to put this on the internet?
Cousins and friends at a soccer game.
Sam & Otis get baptized in January by Pastor Rob-- I get to be fairy godmother! Praise the Lord for these two little ones; they are so precious.
Tahoe showshoeing fun.
A shot with Chase's new camera. Not bad!
On our way to a murder mystery party. Chase ended up being the murderer and I was the trophy wife-- not a very savory pair.
Jethro and the huge lobster he caught diving. I wonder if he ever made lobster bisque with this thing.....
With dear little Jade in San Fransisco.
Karis and Erik tie the knot in March. They are so awesome together!
In Big Basin Park on our spring backpack. We actually had to tie the camera to a tree to get this shot; it came out pretty good!
Chase being pensive in Big Basin.
Jade, Sage, and Scout. I love these girls.
Valeria comes to visit in April. I had so much fun being a tourist with her and realizing how rusty my Spanish is.
Chase in Ojai, swimming in a very shallow swimming hole.
With Fiona, Austin's girlfriend.
The Koop family (minus Azlan) during our walk on Elwood Bluffs.
Picnic at the Rose Garden. Chase looks a little sleepy.
Hope to post more soon. God bless you all.

1 comment:

~j~ said...

Whoo Hoo! Welcome to blogland!! you never know who is going to comment :)
I was looking for Azlan and Davids wedding website and came across your beautiful blog, I love it!
Thanks for giving L and B a place to post up for the summer, what a blessing.
Love to you both, I really enjoyed your pictures, I hope you keep it up.
xo
julia