Monday, July 21, 2008

Web Life

Has it come to this? Yes, We are attempting to meet some of you folks who have complained about our stance in regard to signing up for facebook. So here I think that there might be a little bit of a compromise. Blogging should allow for conversation if you like and we suppose if we get used to it then you could also see what is going on in our life in the same way that you might if we were on facebook.

Beg your pardon-- I guess the feeling that I had to start off with a disclaimer was strong enough to misplace the traditional and appropriate location of the greeting. If you are here, we are glad you are visiting. We hope that you can get a little glimpse of what is goijng on in the life of two crazy, young, adventurous married people you know as Chase and Cassie (or perhaps Cassie and Chase depending on who you know better, like more, or what gender you might generally prefer).

Instead of going on at length about what we have been doing we will start out by telling you where we are right now. We are in Brattleboro, Vermont, the land known for cheese, maple syrup, crunchy throw back hippies, no laws against being naked in public (albiet there are a few stipulations), and, of course, Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream.Perhaps what is less known about this part of the country is the way berries grow in the wild all over the place. Cassie and I had probably one of the most lucrative explorations just this last weekend when we went to one of our favorite ponds (the name of which we will not divulge unless you come visit us and we are able to take you to it because it is almost as righteous as Billy Graham). There may be hints at its whereabouts in photos that we will hopefully be able to post soon. Back to what is really important, berry collecting. We must have come away with a stash of just under a half gallon, not to mention the pint or so that was already pulsing through our veins.


We are over half way through our summer excursion to the East. Cassie has been dominating her school work and finishing things rather promptly which has been great for the weekend adventures.  Because of all Cassie's time in the books, I have been learning the art of shopping and cooking.  Never did I know how much of an art the shopping part of the whole sequence would be. Props to all the mothers everywhere who manage to only go to the store once a week or less.  That, by the way, is my goal. In regards to how the cooking is going, well lets just say there has been drastic improvement, and there is also room for drastic improvement.  I will say though that the Alfredo dish (including sun dried tomatoes, parsley, peas, and some fantastic cheeses atop chicken tortellini) was pretty righteous.  Since that is my crowning achievement I will post a photo for you all to see.  

No comments: