Thursday, December 16, 2010

Little Trim


Last Saturday I took the plunge and cut my hair short. It was just time for something fresh and new.

Here I am, feeling very free and light without the extra 11 inches (don't worry; this haircut was not the finished product).

When you have two braids of hair sitting around waiting to be sent in to Locks de Amor, they are just asking to be used in some sort of a trick. You may recall that after Chase cut his hair to donate, we had about 15 ponytails of blond, curly Chase hair. We ended up hiding it in discreet locations all over my parent's house, much to their chagrin.

So, on Chase's recommendation, I sewed my two braids into my mom's beret to make a debut for my ESL students. I came in wearing the hairpiece, and halfway through class unveiled my new look. They were surprised! Only one student was horrified, remarking after class: "Teacher, I
liked your hair. It was beautiful." Sorry to disappoint! Maybe I should have offered to sell her the hat with braids sewn-in for her own personal use.



Sending you love!



3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Cas, I LOVE the haircut!! You look beautiful. Also, I love your trickery... you & Chase are masters.

Ahn said...

you are ridiculous! i love that you did that to your confused esl students.

Familia Frohling said...

I'm just getting caught up on your blog. I LOVE the new look. You're beautiful - inside and out. :)