Monday, September 20, 2010

3 year celebration backpack

I realize I'm a bit behind with the blog--- it has been a hectic month!

Here are some photos from our summer trips. Gotta start with the first one (more to come), which we took for our 3 year anniversary on August 11th. Great little trip out of Mammoth, CA.


The view hiking in:


So we get to camp, and Chase busts out this awesome hammock, meant to hold two people and up to 300 lbs (or something like that). Through the trees I hear: "You have GOT to be kidding me." And sure enough, he had ripped that bad boy clean through. We had to reduce Chase's rations for the rest of the trip for fear of what else he might break.





Here is me attempting to cram our foodstuffs into a bear canister. We had quite a bit of trouble. Turns out its a good idea to see if your food fits BEFORE heading out. At this point, I had given up all hope (hence the strange look on my face).



The trail was a bit snowy at times.



Me, cooking up an instant soup that contained approximately 3,000,000 mg of sodium. Though delicious, it made for a very thirsty night.




Lake Virginia. This was the most spectacular, pristine lake. You really must go.



2 comments:

Ahn said...

your pictures are magical. it ALMOST makes me want to camp. just almost.

Chelsea said...

Happy belated 3rd anniversary!! It looks like it was a sweet trip.